Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When does Cypress Vine FLower?

Posted by butterfly4u 6 SE PA (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 08 at 1:46

OK
I planted cypress vine seeds and they are really growing everywhere in my yard.
When do they bloom?
I haven't seen a vine like this in my life.
They are really fast growers.
ANyone in the tri state area or northern states growing this vine this year? Is it flowering?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When does Cypress Vine FLower?

Mine aren't yet either. I usually see flowers by the end of July early August.

o

Thanks for responding Ronnie.
I guess I am just impatient, I am curious to see what they look like.

o

Your welcome!☺☺

o

Any Flowers Yet???? I know I planted the Cypress Vine seeds late - June 14 - direct sown in the ground. They took no time at all to come up, and the vines are several feet long, twined around my tall shepherd's hooks. BUT, still no flowers, and I don't even see any buds.
I am in SE Mass. and we have had a mostly dry hot summer, with occasional heavy T-storm rains. But I do keep my plants from drying out with regular watering. I keep hoping to see the flowers soon, but neither these nor my Morning Glories have any so far.

o

My Cypress Vines are always late bloomers and don't start blooming for me in my 8a TX Zone until late summer and will then bloom until the first frost.

Mine also have not started blooming yet this year.

Emma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here