Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I Make A Big Mistake?

Posted by nyboy none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 7:50

About 4 weeks ago I planted a trumpet vine. After planting I started reading how invasive they are, suckers pop up everywhere. The vine is planted about 10 feet from a new septic system (tank) will the roots of trumpet do damage to my septic? At only 4 weeks it should be easy to move vine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I Make A Big Mistake?

REMOVE IT NOW!

If you have an open field, about 20 miles away from your yard, that would be the place to plant it. You can also plant it in a BIG container and set it on concrete, but keep the pods picked off before they ripen, or they will re-seed all over the area.

o

LOL Thanks will remove!!

o

I sprayed Roundup on mine this morning, no guilt.

o

I will rent one like this tomorrow so I can dig my 4 ft tall trumpet vine!

o

No, no, you use that for the bindweed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here