Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silver Bells from Joseph

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 8:36

Joseph the Silver Bells you sent me in the fall is just starting to bloom and I love it. It really has an almost metallic sheen. Only 1 of the 2 seeds germinated but the vine is quite large so 1 plant is definitely enough. Hope to get seeds and if so will send you some. Thanks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silver Bells from Joseph

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 21:50

WOW Karyn!!! I am elated to see this JMG come back true its parent's flower traits!!! I hope you get a decent crop of seeds - my plant was way stingy in making seeds.

Joseph

o

I've never seen a MG this color, very interesting!

~Tina Marie

o

Joseph I'm so glad that I got a plant from the seeds you sent. This is now one of my favorites. The blooms open early AM and just shimmer in the sunlight. If I don't get seeds I'm going to take cuttings and keep them in the greenhouse over the winter.

o

Incredibly Beautiful!

o

Very Nice, Karyn!

o

Yes, simply stunning, I am so in love with this morning glory! Write me down for seeds on this one someone! :D I just *love* this one!

~Tina Marie

o

So very pretty!

o

I love this one!

o

How are these beauties doing Karyn? :)

o

The vine is covered in blooms but Joseph wasn't kidding when he said it doesn't like to make seeds. So far I haven't had a single pod develop. There's still time so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'd much rather start from seed next spring then keep it going in the greenhouse over the winter.

o

Yeah, starting from cuttings just means you probably will end up with the same situation. :) Well... here's hoping you do get seeds, at least enough for your own personal garden Karyn! :) Good luck dear!

Maybe eventually I'll be able to sweet talk Joseph out of some of those beauties. :P
Happy Gardening!
~Tina

o

The problem with cuttings is space in the greenhouse. I have to cram so much in the warmest GH and it's not that big, only 10' x 12'. I wish we still kept the big GH warm but that one is only kept just above freezing. It was so hard to go from a 200' x 75' GH to a 10' x 12'. I had to drastically reduce the number of plants that I keep growing over the winter : (

o

Aww That'd be real hard to do. I just wish I had a greenhouse. LoL :D One of these years! Hehe Well, if you get bored, I'd so love to see pictures.

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here