Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange Morning Glories not blooming...

Posted by greenpassion z4-z5 VT (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 9:30

I have what I thought was a strain of morning glory growing up a trellis on my deck. The leaves aren't heart shaped, their almost sort of coke bottleish. Also, they are varigated. Anyway, tons of vigorous vining, but no blooms. The sales person told me the blossoms are a chocolate color. I don't feed, as I've been told feeding mg's results in lots of leaves, and no flowers. So what's up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange Morning Glories not blooming...

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 10:28

I got the first flower on my blue silk vine today.
I have a lot of other vines that haven't started bloomig yet.
I don't know if it has to do with time of planting or our hot weather.
Seems like all the ones I planted in cheap soil are not doing well.
Some haven't bloomed that I used good soil, while others are making seeds already.

o
RE: Strange Morning Glories not blooming...

Many of mine haven't bloomed yet either. Maybe it's the heat? We were in the low 100's again today and haven't been below 90 in over a month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here