Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this MG have a name?

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 10:11

I had this pop up in the garden last year and found another today. I don't know if it's a variety I don't recall planting or if it's a cross with one of the hige varieties that I have had. The central portion opens a bit more but I took these pics very early in the day. Whatever it is I like it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this MG have a name?

Karen it looks like something happened to the bloom on an aomoraski.

Where all the blooms on this vine the same?

Fran

o

All the blooms look like this. Same thing last year as well. I have a few different solid color hige type plants. Maybe one cross pollinated with a Blizzard or something?

o

Karyn,
I had some like that a few years ago from volunteers. I surmised that it was a result of Gypsy Bride crossing with "Emma's Gift", which was the only other purpurea in that area the previous year. None like that so far this year.
Very pretty!

o
RE: Does this MG have a name?....yes, Aomurasakihigesibori

Karyn - Emma was the 1st person I know to get those...

I can't link to the database but will paste some of the descriptive info here :

Ipomoea purpurea
Flaked Feathered Morning Glory 'Aomurasakihigesibori'
Additional info: (Split Petal Flaked, Flaked Hige)

I think "flaked hige" or "split petal flaked" are the most practical descriptors for those who aren't very comfortable with Romaji...

Hope that helps...

TTY,...

Ron

o

Thanks Ron. That name is certainly a mouthful! lol I don't remember planting anything with that name but honestly that doesn't mean anything. I'm not the greatest when it comes to labeling my plants.

On another subject, your recommendations worked. I have an open bloom on my MG tree this am and there's loads more buds that should be open soon!

o
RE: Does this MG have a name?another

I just found another plant that's putting out blooms with that odd fringe. This looks like a common I. purpurea until you look at the back.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Ron here's the first bloom that finally held on my MG tree.
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here