Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jmg id if you please

Posted by poisondartfrog 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 11:23

Does anyone recognize this JMG? The foliage is variegated and mid-sized, the flower is quite large; larger than it would appear in the photo. Imagine it without the split. It was perfect until I "admired" it to death. I took several photos, but the color was hard to capture-this one is the best representation although the distinct white picotee edge does not appear as cleanly as it does in life.

Photobucket

Thanks, Alana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jmg id if you please

That's really pretty and variegated foliage too.

o
RE: descended from Akatsuki no Murasaki

I think this originated with "Akatsuki no Murasaki" and picked up the gene for displaying only the rayed pattern , although the tube and ray colors are still basically the same as the ANM can display either early or later on in the day...it may have a name in Japan although I don't recall exactly what...

o
RE: jmg id if you please

Thanks Ron! I believe you are right. Growing on the same support is a plant with blooms that look like Akatsuki no Murasaki and they were all planted from the same packet of seeds. The blue is a bit darker and more saturated than in this picture.
Photobucket
They came from a trade packet labeled Hatsu Arashi, which none of the blooms resemble. I think it is a matter of a mislabeled packet compounded by the variation you mention.
I am confident you have solved my mystery!
Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here