Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pipchris2

Tenacious Climber, can it be spared?

Pipchris2
12 years ago

Hello All,

I need your assistance in identifying what I am going to call a vine that I have been tracking moving up the side of my home for the past 3 years or so. It has been quite aggressive and I admire it for itâÂÂs tenacity. It has not injured my home (at least as far as I can tell). I think that vines on homes and buildings are quite attractive and I donâÂÂt dislike the looks of this one and again, I have to respect itâÂÂs tenacity.

My concern is that it is going to keep growing and eventually damage my home such as the gutters or underside of my roof. This is going to sound weird now and I am not crazy but I have been talking to this vine. It started to look like it was going to sprout some thorns and I spoke to it point blank and said âÂÂif you sprout one thorn IâÂÂll cut you outa here so fast you wonâÂÂt know what hit youâ It has never sprouted a thorn but did sprout berries that are now turning red.

I need help identifying this vine and then need advice as to whether it should be left to continue to grow up my house or should I cut it down. By the way it is also wrapped around some large trees across my yard; it seems to not be affecting the trees in any way.

I am posting pictures and a movie also below. Your time and help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Comments (7)