Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandevilla vine is not growing

Posted by dbiner Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 15:38

I have a mandevilla that managed to survive our nasty winter of last year, but it is July now and the vine is only about 5 inches high and refuses to grow any bigger. The leaves are green and healthy with no signs of disease or pests. I've watered and fertilized with no results. It's planted in the ground, not a pot. We added compost to the soil we brought in for our raised bed. Any ideas as to why it's not growing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandevilla vine is not growing

I'm assuming it's getting good sun. Otherwise, I suspect that there is some problem at the roots (maybe involving the soil). How's the drainage? I'd be tempted to pot it up in some decent soil and just grow it containerized. It should be growing like a weed at this point.

o
RE: Mandevilla vine is not growing

They need lots of water and sun and good soil. Miss one of three in the right amount and it will not grow. I've got one growing in a pot on my patio. I wintered it over in the house pot and trellis. It's filled in from thin look of winter and has lots of flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here