Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange Philodendron Markings / Yellowing

Posted by cwestn PA (indoors) (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 16:45

Hello, I have a Philodendron growing along fishing line, up and around a southern facing window. For months now, leaves have been yellowing, and entire 3ft sections of leaves have turned brown and fell off, despite the vine seeming healthy before and after these sections and apparently adequate lighting.

The curious part is that as can been seen in the photo, the leaves are yellowing in a strange pattern, leaving greenish-brown squiggly marks on the leaves before eventually dying.

I would expect that were it a watering issue, the leaves wouldn't fall off in just sections of the vine.

I have been combating spider mites on my other plants, but have yet to see clear evidence of infestation on this philodendron.

Please help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange Philodendron Markings / Yellowing

another photo - earlier in yellowing process

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here