Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can honey suckle vines hurt trees?

Posted by bridgetr USDA Zone 7 (bridgetrosen@comcast.net) on
Sat, Jul 12, 08 at 17:30

I know that you have to be careful about English Ivy climbing and doing damage. I have some honey suckle growing (wild, we didn't plant it) up a pine tree mixed in with some other plants. Is this a problem? We like the way it looks. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can honey suckle vines hurt trees?

If it is Japanese honeysuckle, white and yellow flowers, smells real good, grows real fast,
It will definately eat the tree up.
My friend lost a gigantic boxwood to japanese honeysuckle and it is starting to ear her hydrangeas, I don't know why she won't kill it, but she won't.
So, which one do you like better?

o
RE: Can honey suckle vines hurt trees?

I just transplanted mine from the base of a live oak tree to a utility pole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here