Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treat OR Trick, this 8th of July Pandorea jasminoides

Posted by ankraras 8/9AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 08 at 18:35

To my surprise, there are pods, yeh! How easy does it grow from seeds? Should I leave them on the vine until their color turns brown or should I go ahead and harvest them now?

Any suggestions on planting seeds? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treat OR Trick, this 8th of July Pandorea jasminoides

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 17:54

I was kind of surprised to see seed pods on both my white and pink flowered forms of this vine here in Berkeley, as I would have thought it needed more heat. I can't say how easy they are to germinate, or when to pick, but it would seem that letting them go completely dry would be a sure sign that they are ripe. This vine is almost a little too vigorous sometimes, and seems to mostly thrive with little attention, except to prune to keep it under control.

o

Wow..... Bahia you also grow the lovely pink flower variety! I have been keeping an eye on those at the local home improvement store we often
visit. It appears that they are not getting them in for some reason or it's possible that I am just missing out all together.

I am assuming you are in California, are you growing them in full sun or part shade?

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 08 at 19:12

They bloom best here in the San Francisco Bay Area's cooler zones with full sun, but they certainly grow well enough with shade as well. I would have thought that the pink form would be as available in low desert parts of Arizona as it is here in California, have you checked at a good retail nursery, which would have a better selection than the Home Depot outlets? They do appreciate regular feeding to encourage more blooms, or else they just grow foliage here locally.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here