Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbies406

Air Potato Vine

DebbieS406
12 years ago

Does anyone have any air potatos I might buy from you?

I know they are invasive but in Texas its hard to get them to live thru the winters and hot hot summers. Thanks

Comments (12)

• srewolf
    12 years ago

ya I got plenty
    but I would rather trade for them what ya got?
    How many pounds do you need...LOL

• t_pyxis
    12 years ago

srewolf
    I have small 4 to 6 inch Tamarind tree or Chinese Parasol Tree that I would trade for some Air Potatoes.

• vareyna
    12 years ago

I, too, would love to have an air potato. I cannot find one around my area. I would be happy to pay for it, pay for postage. The only thing I have to give away is some Hyacinth Bean Vine "beans". It makes an awesome vine, too, but the air potatoes remind me of my mom! Please advise if anyone would be willing to share one with me. Thanks!

• Penny59
    12 years ago

I have lots of air potatoes. Would love to give away or trade.

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Please remember - once you have this plant, you will ALWAYS have it! It grows very fast and massive - will cover everything in its path, so be forewarned!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I brought a bunch home from FL because I know a few people that wanted some. It is a pretty vine but I don't know if I would send any to people that live in an area where they aren't killed over the winter. They are that invasive. Even if container grown, if one little "potato" drops on the ground and takes root it can so easily grow out of control.

• Slaab
    12 years ago

I would not plant this -- we moved into a new house in Nashville and there's an area in the backyard that has been completely overtaken by these vines. I wasn't sure what it was until it was identified here thru these forums. Anyways, I've spent weekends digging them up and trying to get rid of them. Gorgeous (yes) but really a pain !

• jolj
    12 years ago

I think you should do a search on Google before you use this plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Air Potato

• Lisa
    12 years ago

Looking for anyone with an extra air potato for sase, postage or trade. They are annuals in my area. Thanks!

• judy4407
    10 years ago

Please do not help spread this Notorious Noxious plant. Florida spends millions of dollars each year fighting these things. They take over everything. Just because something is pretty does not mean you need one. A coral snake is pretty too, would you want one as a pet? Get my point.

• dhanthapa
    10 years ago

air totato is edible. The rood goes deep inside soil and if you dig in winter potatoes taste very good.

• dbarron
    10 years ago

Been trying to eradicate it through 20 years and 2 moves (it moved with the plants I moved)! Beware!