Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mclyons_gw

advise on clearing vines

MCLyons
11 years ago

Hi Everyone, first time poster but I've been haunting the boards for a few months. My parents house has a portion of the yard (maybe 1/10 an acre, maybe slightly smaller) that has become overrun with vines. I'm in south Louisiana so they get to grow most of the year. I'm not sure what they are, but I'll try and upload some photos tomorrow when I have time. I know there's some Virginia Creeper, something with leaves that look like a Wild Potato Vine, but I've never seen flowers on it before, and a few others. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get rid of them as it seems like a constant battle just to keep them slightly at bay. Roundup seemed to do nothing, might as well been spraying water on them. I've recently taken to using an electric hedge trimmer and that does a lot of damage but does nothing to actually kill the vine which inevitably comes back. I'm in the city so I can't treat it like the Romans treated Carthage haha. Would Triclopyr work on these via spraying or does it need to be a Glyphosate based herbicide? I really want to buy a flamethrower, I'm getting that frustrated. Any advice y'all can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County