Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweet potato vine color changing

Posted by rodco zone 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 23:59

Why is my golden / yellow sweet potato vine changing color? Some of the leaves are turning a reddish color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweet potato vine color changing

Was its' environment suddenly changed? Could be sunburn on older leaves not used to so much sun (which I'm assuming since it's paired with Pelargonium.)

Mine did that in one pot last year where runoff from the roof hit the pot. I chalked it up to too much tannin from oak leaves in the gutter.

o

The very light colored leaved strains are derived from more deeply colored strains and sometimes the light leaves will 'revert' a bit by showing color if they see enough sunlight to initiate the pigmentation , which does act as a protection from the sunlight...

Depending on your point of view , the bit of added blush can still look nice...

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 17:07

It looks like sunburn to me. The sun has been really intense lately in Delaware. Has it been scorching hot where you live?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here