Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few more MG's

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 8:45

This came up in a pot labeled hederacea and lavender. There's plenty of hederacea correctly labeled but not what I was expecting from the lavender. Not sure what it is but I like it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I can't get to the tag to read what this is labeled.
Photobucket
Photobucket
A volunteer I. purpurea that I didn't get around to pulling up. The blooms are so variable, even on the same plant.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more MG's

Those blues are all great, but the first one is really pretty! I like the way the irregular violet ring marks the eye of the trumpet.

o

I like all of them, I just love morning glories. Thank you for sharing them Karyn. :)

~Tina Marie

o

I missed catching this one in full bloom. It was open this morning, but I wasn't up. LoL Oh well... still an interesting picture. :) Mauve color, but I don't have a name for them.

~Tina Marie

Here is a link that might be useful: Mauve

o

There's a good chance that was actually purple/blue when it was open. Many of the I. purpureas change to that color as they close.

o

Thanks Karyn, I'll try to get up earlier for the next ones. Just didn't get much sleep lately, so I missed that one. Fibro been acting up with all these storms. LoL I should go check to see where the next bloom will be. Hehe

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here