Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jess2132000

What kinda vine would you put here?

jess2132000
15 years ago

I am looking to get a birdhouse on a tall poll with trellis We plan on putting it down on our side yard down around the 2nd post on our post and rail white farm fence.Somewhere in the middle of the yard.. We want to plant some other bushes or shrubs like red or pink Knockout rose bushes or maybe crape myrtles/rose of sharon on either side of it along the fence. I was looking at wisteria vines (but that might not work on a trellis i also thought Sweet Autumn clematis but already have that on the other side of our shed in the back of the yard (I will some posts photos of that). Really want a fast growing vine that flowers. Any other suggestions for this area?? Want alittle more privacy from the neighbor and thought the bird house on the tall poll with trellis attached would be our focal point in the middle of the yard..Or is this too many birdhouse in the yard?

{{gwi:43393}}

{{gwi:38906}}

This is our other side of the yard with a birdhouse on a trellis with sweet autumn vine by the shed. I wanted to do something simular on the other side of the yard where the post and rail white fence is but maybe a different vine might be nice..

{{gwi:43394}}

{{gwi:38911}}

Comments (3)

• suseart
    15 years ago

I don't know if Morning Glories grow well in your climate, but I have the ones pictured here and they are lovely on fencing. However, be careful to keep an eye on them, cause they are quite invasive. Just yesterday my husband and I had to cut them back where they were trying to choke out our butterfly bush, honeysuckle, and Calliandra. Honeysuckle might be a good one too.

-Susan

• User
    15 years ago

I don't understand why you don't continue the privacy fence all the way down.
    Next spring have the fence completed and plant whatever flowers you want.
    If that was my yard, I would have the same privacy fence all the way down.
    It looks funny with all the different fences in your yard.
    DOn't worry about the fence obstructing the sun at all, if it is white like your other fence, it will reflect enough sun for you.
    Then you can make cheap tellis on that fence and plant gorgeous vines up against it on your side, color looks gorgeous next to the white vinyl fence.
    Native honeysuckle or even a tropical vine like Mandevilla would look beautiful up against a bright white privacy fence.
    Good Luck!

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well the brown fence is not ours its our neighbors.Yes I know it is put up wrong..not our decision..We live in a twin so he liked the wood. We can stain it any color we want but its his fence. We had a wooden post and rail fence that we had taken down as it was looking ugly and put up the vynail. I really wanted to keep the yard open looking not boxed in with White vynail fencing so went with the post and rail to finish off the yard instead of 6 foot high fencing.Cheaper too!! Yes maybe it would have looked better staying with the high fence but I really don't like yards all fenced in with high fencing. I like the 6 foot section by the patio for alittle privacy but wanted a more open feel with the post and rail. The only thing is now we would like to have alittle privay during the summer and i like using shrubs for privacy over high fences. I think the 6 foot vynail is ok but around the whole yard to me seems like a prison so I wanted a more natural screen there for the summer like shrubs or vines,tall grasses or something. I really like the Rose of Sharon or Knockouts there but not sure what else I could use in the middle. I do not think I would want all Rose of Sharon. I really did not want all arborvities either..Still thinking.. Here are some other photos the trampoline does not look the greatest but the kids have to have fun too.. They also can use the yard behind the shed as that is all open space through our township..

{{gwi:38912}}

{{gwi:43263}}

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida