Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MGs going wacky

Posted by bluebars 7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 9:44

Major disappointment. My first MGs ever, started out really well. What's happening now? Some leaves look perfect, but most are going wacky. No sign of spider mites at all, just distorted leaves, and no hint of flower buds anywhere. WAAAAH!
Not so Heavenly Blue 1
Not so Heavenly Blue 2
Not so Heavenly Blue 3
Not so Heavenly Blue 4
Not so Heavenly Blue 5

Sign me "Very Blue"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MGs going wacky

How is the rain situation in Maryland? Sometines in periods of drought, the nitrates in the soil can become a bit on the high side, if the plants were well fed or composted.
From the pictures, it looks like "the claw" A sign of temporary nutrient excess, epecially nitrogen.

This will remedy itself after a rain or watering.

Otherwise, has to be some type ove pest.

o

bluebars --The type of leaf distortion shown in your photos may resolve by itsself but is often seen when the plant becomes infected with a virus...
the virus causes the leaf tissue inbetween the main veins to grow at a different rate than the main vein tissue which results in the type of distortion that you see on your leaves...

TTY,...

Ron

o

What are the possibilities of lawn chemicals causing this, even though these are isolated in planters? (I will have to find out what they have been using.)
BlueBars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here