Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help ID Ipomoea

Posted by poisondartfrog 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 12:26

I have noticed this growing on a poor, dry hillside for decades behind an abandoned house. I do not know if it volunteered or was planted by the owners long ago. The blooms are quite large, unblemished white with a carmine pink funnel. The stamens are white, foliage is dark green and rather small in relation to the blooms. It spreads along the bank on the ground, but does grow up where it finds a support. It has been confined to the same area, about 8x8 feet square for the last several years.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help ID Ipomoea

It is
Ipomoea pandurata

Hope that helps...

Ron

o
RE: Help ID Ipomoea

Yes, thank you indeed!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here