Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another ID Please

Posted by helena_z8_ms (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 07 at 13:04

I had this lavender bloom that was supposed to be fuchsia. Not sure if it's Beni Chidori or Cameo Elegance.

Here is a link that might be useful: MG ID Please

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another ID Please

Maybe this is a better pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: ID MG Please

o

Helen - Cameo Elegance and MiniBar Rose are both Western marketing names for some Japanese MG's like "Beni Chidori" (Red Plovers - Takii) and "Tsubame"(Swallows-Sakata)...

Unfortunately there is little consistency in what any Western or Japanese suppliers offer as per these usually dwarf types...

The leaf size,type of varigation as well as the size of the flowers(with or without a white margin),leaves and entire habit of the plants can vary...

The "Beni Chidori" most usually doesn't have a white border while the Tsubame does...

The 1st photo you show has a white border and the 2nd photo does not...
it seems like these 2 photos would be from different plants,...
The leaves look like they are basically the same structure in both photos...
it's possible that the degree of the white margin may vary on the same plant but it would be unusual...

Are the 2 photos from the same or different plants(?)...

TTY,...

Ron

o

Ron, thank you for the info. They are 2 different plants, (several growing in the same pot). I just thought it was neat that some blooms were fuchsia color but these two had lavender blooms.

Helena

o

Helen - put a few seeds from both of the lavender bloomed plants aside for me and we'll do a trade...

TTY,...

Ron

o

I collected some seeds, seems the lavender with white edge seeds were larger than the fuchsia color blooms. Ron, I will have to tag the flowers as it blooms and hope it produces more flowers.
Helena

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here