Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My morning glory pics

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 13:07

Just took these of the first ones blooming. everything is really late this year because of the crazy weather.

Fran

Mt fuji light pink
Photobucket
mt fuji light pink  8/17/09

mt fuji light blue from park seeds
mt fuji lt blue 8/19/09  parks
mt fuji lt blue 8/19/09  parks

aomaraski
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/littleonefb/2009 blooming MG we have/S3600025-1.jpg

unknown. seeds collected from one of my MG vines last year. It was supposed to be double blue picote, but bloomed a beautiful light blue. this year it is blooming lavender.
unknown 8/19/09 bloomed lt blue last year
unknown 8/19/09  bloomed lt blue last year

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My morning glory pics

Beautiful Fran!! I know the feeling about the crazy weather...My Mt. Fuji Pink bloomed today!! I like the lavender one!!

o

Hi Ronnie,

these MG are blooming on 4 inch vines, it's crazy. The flower is bigger than the vine.

I like the lavender one too, but disappointed in it. I was hoping that the seeds would come true to last years blue flowers that where just beautiful.
Sowed 8 of the seeds, got 8 seedlings. I have 3 in the ground and one in a pot and my friend, next town over, has 4 of them. They are all blooming the same.

Just a sad growing season this year. nothing but established perennials have really grown well.

Fran

o

Pretty Fran.. It has been so hard growing morning glories this year... Brr too cold and wet.... I hope you get the Indian summer we all hope for... I love the colors...Barb

o

You said it....everything is late in my area due to the cold wet summer. Hoping and praying that we get the warm weather to last a little longer than usual but you never know around here.

My morning glories planted late May are finally about to bloom. I found 2 buds this morning that will probably open tomorrow.

Moonflowers appear to be slightly behind as they are just forming small buds now.

Should be a pretty September on my balcony!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here