Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adamm321

Help, want to build/install trellis panels..uncertain.

AdamM321
18 years ago

Hi,

We would like to build and install two trellis panels on the back of the house. The area to cover is about 9ft high by 3ft wide. I want a "working trellis" to grow vines on and from a casual look at the trellis panels available at Home Depot, it doesn't appear the wood pieces would be a good thickness for twining vines. I am thinking of growing climbing roses, but not sure. Might also like to add clematis and/or morning glory.

So if I can't just buy and frame an already made piece of trellis, that leaves us to build our own. Not sure what materials to use, how to construct, how much of a post has to go into the ground, whether to use metal piple and attach the trellis panel to those, do I have to hinge it to allow getting behind it, how much space should I leave between the house and the panel, whether I can actually screw holes into the vinyl siding?

As you can see, amateurs here. We have basic woodworking and tool skills and feel we can do it. Maybe we need a project plan or something.

Anyone here that can direct us to the right information?

Thanks,

Adam

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions