Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting Back Honeysuckle Vines

Posted by shelleyh z5 NY (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 14:35

I have 2 honeysuckle vines. One is the Japanese which is white and yellow and the other is an ornamental. They have grown side by side for years with each one blooming profusely.
This season the Japanese has almost totally taken over. I have never cut these vines down and they are immense but I thought that if I cut them down, they would start again in
their prospective places. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting Back Honeysuckle Vines

Japanese honeysuckle is not easily killed - ask anyone who has tried to get rid of it! I think that you can certainly whip both of them into shape as radically as you want. If you've never cut them back, you probably have a fair amount of dead stuff in towards the middle, so you could start with that and work out, shaping it as you go. Have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here