Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Jasmine (ID Needed)!

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 14:48

Hi everyone,

I got my jasmine today at Wal-Mart! The tag has no scientific name on it, but my guess would be J. officinale?
If you do know what it is let me know! Thanks!

Here are a couple pictures I just took:

Plant
Photobucket

Buds
Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Jasmine (ID Needed)!

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 15:30

I looks like one I have
Jasminum sambac 'Maid of Orleans'

o

The pic of the bud isn't clear but I'm inclined to agree with Ruth that it's a Maid of Orleans. It has a wonderful fragrance. Unlike J. officinale this is a tropical jasmine and has no cold tolerance. If you like this one you'd love Grand Duke of Tuscany.

o

Oops, wasn't looking for another houseplant! LOL

I'm glad that I got a jasmine anyway :) . Funny thing is that I was thinking of getting one of these earlier this year (Maid of Orleans). Good thing I'm getting rid of one of my hoyas!

Thank you both for identifying it! The tag on it did say no cold tolerance, and I was hoping it was wrong, but I'm not. I'm glad I posted it before I decided to put it in the ground! Better safe than sorry!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here