Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picotte Blue Double morning glories not blooming!

Posted by lord_baal 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 16:20

so back in march i started picotte blue morning glories inside and put some out and kept some in lots of good fuzzy foliage but NO blooms what gives?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picotte Blue Double morning glories not blooming!

All my morning glory vines have been slow to bloom and very late this year.

The weather is affecting them in strange ways this year. They should bloom in the next few weeks for you.

In the past I have given them a dose of miracle grow fertilizer mixed with the water when watering the vines. That has helped to give them a jump to bloom.

Fran

o

oh ok so this odd 80 degrees and 90% humidity for weeks on end does have an effect?

o

The unusually hot temps are affecting all my plants. We've had almost 12 straight weeks with temps above 90 and several days in the triple digits. The humidity during the summer is always oppressive here. Some of my MG's are just beginning to bloom, one of them being a single picotee.

o

My Kikyo Blue Morning Glory [Double Blue Picotees] are blooming like crazy.
Try feeding them with Miracle Gro BLOOM BOOSTER, with Fish Emulsion mixed in . . . and don't give up. You should see blooms before long

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 7:47

Yes, August and September are the big flowering months for these JMGs. A little phosphorus fertilizer ought to make them flower up fast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here