Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need the definitive solution to end my Wisteria problem...

Posted by death_to_wisteria North Carolina (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 17:32

...once and for all. after that, i shall disappear into obscurity.

now i know most of you are in some sort of twisted infatuation with this monstrosity, and i say, "to each their own." however, i absolutely loathe this plant. i've been locked in mortal combat with it ever since it caused a tree to fall on my house.

for 3 years i have been chopping, and digging, and pulling on a plant that spans at least 5 acres. i recently employed a friend with a 3/4 ton chevy to help me pull a root system that is nearly the size of my thigh out of the ground. he seemed confident that he would have no trouble, however, he burnt out his clutch and nearly ripped the ball-hitch clean off the vehicle (i wish i were exaggerating).

i've tried everything short of renting a backhoe. now, i've recently ditched the idea of man-handling this beast out of the ground in lieu of going all "Chemical Ali" on this sucker. as we speak, i'm taking every fresh sprout i see and immersing it inside of a gallon-sized tea container for 48 hours with a healthy dose (5% by volume to be exact) of something call "Crossbow" herbicide. i'm told this will kill it throughout the root system...so i'm told.

if this sounds like it might do the trick, please let me know. i want it gone, gone, GONE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need the definitive solution to end my Wisteria problem...

I use Brush Master - marvelous product!

o
RE: i need the definitive solution to end my Wisteria problem...

so you know from experience that Brush Master works for killing wisteria? and if so, what was your particular methodology for application?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here