Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evil Vine killing all my plants...Help!! Pls!!

Posted by midniteladym 47150 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 20:08

i'm not even sure if my evil vine is a groundcover...it likes to climb apparently...

the leaves look very similar to scarlet beans, and it loves to climb and choke them (along w/the bushes out front)...my beans were looking great, altho no beans had yet to appear, until 1 week ago, when they all turned brown...these beans were over 7' tall :( ...i hadn't changed my way of gardening, watering, etc, and when i looked closer, this vine was wrapped all over and thru my beans...the only way i could tell the diff was the vine had stubby white flowers (?)...i Had A LOT of red flowers :( ..anyway, while trying to trace the vines to pull them up, i unwound them, they'd break, the beans would come apart, whatever, and i ended up just pulling 99% of one set of beans up...there's something there that's green, prob the vine...i left it...

now i'm thinking, next year, of growing scarlet beans in a pot if it's friggin possible, lol....

any solutions to this stupid evil vine? (and i never thought i'd call a plant evil...treehugger me, lol)

thx for any and all help :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evil Vine killing all my plants...Help!! Pls!!

Wow I was just about to post about a very bad vine! Mine is sprouting up all over the yard and is trying to climb up my roses. The leaves on this are sort of elongated and pointy on the ends. Is yours similar? I'm trying to find out if this one is self seeding everywhere or if it shares a root system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here