Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midniteladym

Evil Vine killing all my plants...Help!! Pls!!

midniteladym
13 years ago

i'm not even sure if my evil vine is a groundcover...it likes to climb apparently...

the leaves look very similar to scarlet beans, and it loves to climb and choke them (along w/the bushes out front)...my beans were looking great, altho no beans had yet to appear, until 1 week ago, when they all turned brown...these beans were over 7' tall :( ...i hadn't changed my way of gardening, watering, etc, and when i looked closer, this vine was wrapped all over and thru my beans...the only way i could tell the diff was the vine had stubby white flowers (?)...i Had A LOT of red flowers :( ..anyway, while trying to trace the vines to pull them up, i unwound them, they'd break, the beans would come apart, whatever, and i ended up just pulling 99% of one set of beans up...there's something there that's green, prob the vine...i left it...

now i'm thinking, next year, of growing scarlet beans in a pot if it's friggin possible, lol....

any solutions to this stupid evil vine? (and i never thought i'd call a plant evil...treehugger me, lol)

thx for any and all help :)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA