Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Engleman Ivy

Posted by bonniez3 z3MN (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 05 at 21:41

I've had 2 engleman ivy for 3 years now. one has grown quite tall and i'm wondering if i'm suppose to cut it down in the fall or spring, or does it grow on previous years growth. I didn't cut it down this year and couldn't tell if it had green growth growing from new shoots or old stuff. i'm in northern Mn and gets extrememly cold. vine is climbing on arbor and is about 13 ft. long/tall. Any information very much appreciated. place i bought them from doesn't seem to know much about them. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Engleman Ivy

Hi Bonnie,
I did a google search... Parthenocissus quinquefolia Engelmannii, a Virginia creeper. See the link below, arrow down and there is a section on pruning, hope this helps. - Bonnie in KS

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.midwestlandscapeplants.org/plantdetails.cfm?speciesid=715

o

Thanks Bonbon :)

o

Can someone post a photo of theirs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here