Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

Some 2010 MG Blooms

littleonefb
13 years ago

this has not been the best year for growing MG. The heat and humidity for 3 solid months has taken a toll on their growth.

If it wasn't the heat and humidity, then it was the battle of the critters. First the chipmunks, then the rabbits, then the groundhog, and to my surprise, about 2 weeks of deer feasting on one type of MG.

The only one the deer ate where the mt fuji light pink. Why that one and that one only when right beside 2 of them in hanging pots where 6 others, including other mt fuji, I don't know.

At any rate here are some pics of one that have bloomed this year, hopefully more will bloom and produce seeds for next year.

Enjoy

Fran

Shimmer light blue

suigetsu

flying saucer

yourio

blue picotee

aomaraski

mt fuji fushia

mt fuji light blue. every bloom has had this slight split on the bloom

mt fuji light pink before the deer ate one side of the bloom for lunch.

mt fuji light pink shortly after the "deer lunch".

another pot with mt fuji light pink. all the blooms on this vine have been identical with what appears to be a "tongue" sticking out of the throat. maybe that scarred the deer away from it?

this years blooms of my "mutant" mt fuji MG

one vine bloomed like this

one vine bloomed like this

the third vine bloomed like this

and the 4th vine went down the "tummy" of one of the chipmunks and is now only 2 inches tall.

this one showed up on it's own on the side of the road, must have some busy birds around my house, but it isn't anything that I have every sown or planted before. Glad I dug it up at the end of the road and brought it home.

this bloomed from a trade packet of shimmer light blue seeds. the other 3 vines are blooming shimmer light blue. NOID on this one

No idea on this bloom either. the vine popped up in my neighbor's yard and she didn't want it there. another gift from the birds.

No idea on this one either. It was growing in a huge pot that another neighbor has in her yard. She leaves it outside year round and last year it had 5 heavenly blue MG growing and blooming in it.

She gave me a choice "dig it out and take it home or I'm throwing it out." How could I let her throw out an MG vine without seeing it bloom?

Comments (2)