Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rangoon Creeper Seed?

Posted by bigpaulie1972 9B FL (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 9:26

I have been looking for seeds of Rangoon Creeper for some time and was wondering if anyone had any to share? I have a indoor patio trellis that gets a high amount of sunshine and wanted to try it there where it couldnt spread out of my control.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rangoon Creeper Seed?

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 8:00

Is it offered in local garden centers as a plant? Maybe there is a native plant alternative to it if you ask there or your county extension service agent.

Good luck!

Joseph

o

Mine has never set seed but maybe it needs cross pollination? Mine grows almost like a bush. That might be because I cut it back in the fall and allow it to go dormant so it doesn't get that big. It doesn't have tendrils to hold on and might need to be trained to a trellis. The blooms open white and turn bright red . They are available at several online nurseries. There's also a double flowered variety that's especially nice. Zone 9 has it on sale now.

Here is a link that might be useful: rangoon creeper

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 9:54

So beautiful. Alas, no place to overwinter it at my place. I like the fragrant flowers quality of the vine. Fragrant from 50 feet away, I could get used to that easily LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here