Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powdery Mildew is killing my Honeysuckle, help!

Posted by mattkime Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 9:41

I have a Honeysuckle vine which is just covered in powdery mildew. It covers nearly the entire plant. The plant itself is rather bare but the ends of it somehow manage growth.

Does anyone have advice for preventing and stopping it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powdery Mildew is killing my Honeysuckle, help!

The usual advice is to keep the leaves dry (don't spray them when watering). However, PM can occur just because of the weather conditions in your area, and some plants are more prone to PM than others. Treatment means spraying...I only use milk spray (10% milk to 90% water plus a squirt or two of Dawn), but it has to be applied often. I didn't get to it quick enough this season, so my leaves are gone, too. :P

o
RE: Powdery Mildew is killing my Honeysuckle, help!

I have done what you said and treated the leaves that are left. Lots of the leaves have gone and it looks really bare and almost dead but again as above the ends manage to grow leaves. What should I do now? Have I lost it or will it grow back next year? I also don't want to lose the vine and am wondering whether to just grow something else up through it while it is healing...or dying as the case may be :o( Any help or odeas? Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here