Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
growing seeds found in seedless concord grapes?

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 11:21

I have seedless concord grapes. One in about 100-200 grapes or so will have what looks like one mature seed in it. There are others that have what appears to be partially grown seeds, and again, only one per grape, and only one in about 100-200. (I loose track when I am grazing)

If I plant these (I have 2 saved) do you think they will grow? If they do grow, do you think they will be seeded, seedless, maybe something in between, or maybe even just vines that will never produce any fruit?

tia

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: growing seeds found in seedless concord grapes?

I have planted things from store bought food- peppers, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, watermelon, etc. The peppers actually have turned out great- wonderfully sweet, and for now, everything else has grown (just waiting for them to mature to see how it turns out). From what I hear, you never know what you will get from the seed- but it will most likely grow. All mine have. Give it a try. Might turn out well for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here