Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Climbing Vine for Front of House

Posted by sarzp 22/23 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 12:40

I'm going to repaint my house and would like to replace the potato vine as it's looking rather scrappy and woody (it was doing much better when this photo was taken). The front of the house is West-facing. I originally went for the potato vine because I was told that it attaches to the wire and so doesn't damage the stucco and in that respect it is good. I would love to find something evergreen and would really appreciate your input! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Climbing Vine for Front of House

You could cut the Solanum jasminoides right back and it would look a lot better when it regrows.

o
RE: Climbing Vine for Front of House

Clematis armandi looks beautiful every month of the year, but mine grows in half-day Sun and bright shade. Cannot say how it would behave in your zone or situation, but am really impressed by it, and especially at the brief flowering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here