Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID for this MG?

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 07 at 13:12

This bloomed from a trade packet of seeds labeled "Plum frost mix".

Flower size is 3 1/2 - 4". Appears to be different than the one I have of "red star" and "mt fuji dark pink".

Fran

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID for this MG?

Fran it looks just like one I purchased as 'Yagurama'

o

Ronnie,

I'd agree with you except that the flowers that are blooming don't really have a white throat and are much more ruffled than the pick you are showing. I can't tell from the pic you posted if the leaves are variagated but the ones one mine are.

See what you think with these pics taken early yesterday morning.

Fran

o

Hi Fran - I think you have yet another 'variation' of the Fuji no Momo
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/152385/
the amount of coloring in the throat area and deeper in the tube as well as the pigmentation along the folds is known to vary in the youjiros...

The Fuji no Mine
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/165826/
can vary also but is commonly a dusky fuchsia but can produce purples because it is a cross between a reddish and a blue-ish purple...

The leaves on yours and shorter overall plant form lead me to the Mt.Fuji Momo rather than the Sayaka
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/114631/
or the more reddish colored Yaguruma(note spelling)...

TTY,...

Ron

Here is a link that might be useful: Yaguruma youjiro in the PlantFiles...

o

Fran now I notice the white throat in mine and not yours!! So many look alike at first glance that's for sure!!

No matter the name I love them all!! ☺

o

Thanks Ron. I looked at the pics on the plantfiles to compare and agree that it is more like the Mt fuji momo. It doesn't look enough like the Yaguruma in either the pic or the ones I have blooming. It is a really pretty flower and one I hope to have some seeds from.

Fran

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here