Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to trasplant vining honeysuckle?

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 14, 09 at 14:24

I've got two vining and variegated hunks of honeysuckle that need relocation, either now (when it's still semi-warm but definitely cooling) or in the springtime when the vine starts new growth from the stump? Right now they're growing quite well but I imagine we'll only have a week or two more of this weather before the mornings/evenings are consistently chipper.

In this specific case, and generally (when other plants need to get moved), is there a better time to transplant?

With my potted succulent plants, particularly the deciduous ones, unless the plant is definitely dormant, I generally repot only when they're in active growth.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
When to transplant vining honeysuckle?

Oh yes, in addition to the spelling correction in the title, the currently growing plants are doing well in a mix of native soil amended with bagged top soil and manure, along with some bone meal and transplant juice (the 5-15-5 one). I'm guessing that I can leave out the bone meal and transplant juice if I transplant near the end of the growing season. Let me know if you think otherwise, please.

o
RE: When to trasplant vining honeysuckle?

Is this the proper place to ask this question?

I'm reckoning that this vining honeysuckle qualifies as a vine so I'm asking here, but if there's somewhere else more appropriate would someone let me know where, please.

Thanks - it's the beginning of fall and not many transplant days left.

o

OK, you've convinced me to ask somewhere else.

o

Jeff,
I just came accross your post and since I was looking for an answer to the same question,I found this.Hope it helps.
Honeysuckle is a woody shrub with a vining habit that can easily be transplanted in the autumn of each year when it goes dormant. In warmer climates where honeysuckle often does not go dormant, it may be moved nearly any time, excluding the hottest summer temperatures. With a little preparation a few weeks before the move and a gentle relocation technique, honeysuckle can be transplanted and propagated with ease

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here