Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realityfaery_gw

Surprise, its a Morning Glory!

realityfaery
10 years ago

A few of months ago, our neighbors and us put up a cinder-block wall between our two yards. Since putting it up, we had recently started to clean up the left over mess (such as picking up bits of concrete and leveling out the dirt). When we first started tackling the job about 2 months ago, I noticed what looked like two spindly looking vines trying their hardest to grow out of the hard concrete mixed dirt. Their roots semi exposed and winding around as much dirt as they possibly could. One was fairly larger than the other (neither longer than 12"), so I grabbed some left over pots and pulled them both up. I placed them up on little perches on the fence underneath our front tree, they get heavy shade. Since doing so they have taken off! This morning it gave me a wonderful surprise, a single bloom and low and behold, they are morning glories! Where the seeds came from I have no idea because I haven't seen Morning Glory vines in neighbor's yards.

So my main question is, I know they are highly invasive and I would hate to plant them in the ground and they take over, but I would also hate to destroy these two. Should I put them in pots? If so, how big of a pot should I get? I am ultimately hoping that they behave nicely in gardens here in California's Central Valley. Please help! :)

Comments (4)