Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MG questions, label doesn't make sense.

Posted by littleonefb z5MA (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 23:02

Have a packet of MG seeds that a friend gave me. She got them in a trade as a bonus packet on the seed exchange and can't remember who gave them to her.

Inside the packet is 12 MG seeds, no question, no doubt they are MG seeds, but they are labeled as follows

on one side it says

Platycondonmix, white, blue, double pink, double MG's

on the other side it reads

two double MG's in here.

Any idea what the seeds might grow besides so come of MG?

Fran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MG questions, label doesn't make sense.

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 23:36

Platycodon is Balloon Flower. Maybe they are saying it is the kikyo shape (diamond) MG, which Platycodon grandiflorus is sorta like if you cross your eyes.

o

Joseph, that's and interesting thought.

I know what platycodon is, I have 2 dwarf balloon plants. growing very strange this year too. One of them is blooming again now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so spelling might be off on the label. and if the rain stops tomorrow, I'll take a look and at it cross eyed and see if it looks like a bit of a diamond.

Sounds like I'm gonna have to sow a couple of these seeds and see what happens.

Oh, yes, pray we don't get 3 months of rain next year.

Gees.

last year it was one month or rain, this year it was 2 solid months of rain.

Total disaster in growing season for anything beyond spring perennial and late spring perennial blooms.

I'm still surprised that anything, both established perennials and annuals didn't just keel over dead from total root rot.

Fran

o

Fran,

I agree with Joseph, that what you have are probably Kikyo seeds that bloom single, with two seeds that bloomed double.
I guess . . . lol

Emma

o

Thanks Emma,

I'm gonna agree with you and Joseph, I'll pick out 3 or 4 seeds from the packet and sow them next spring and see what I get.

Will be interesting to see the results.

Fran

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here