Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

Ron, need your help again, another unknown and question

littleonefb
15 years ago

Hi Ron,

Just me again with another unknown MG. No idea what it is supposed to be either. I found the seedling germinated in a left over bag of dumped soil from 2006-2007 WS about 3-4 weeks ago and potted it up in a hanging pot.

I put the soil into a miracle grow bag for a year and let it cook in the sun. This bag was open and there was this seedling growing all by itself and was about 5 inches tall.

It has a center type growth at the base of the plant of the ones called "sunsmile" that I've never found to produce a vine, but rather sit on the ground and bloom, but at the same time it is growing vines.

I'm thinking the growth is stunted because of how late it was found and planted in the pot and mother nature is forcing it to bloom to reproduce.

But I'd love an idea of what it might be. It doesn't match anything that I sowed this year or last

And any idea what happened to my poor blue silk morning glory. seeds where collected from this beautiful blooming one that I had last year, grown in a pot away from other MG.

and on this one on the fence

{{gwi:358558}}

Friday one of this years bloomed like this, which is what I usually see with blue silk late in the day but not first thing in the morning and this one didn't change color late in the day either

and a different vine bloomed this color this morning and stayed this color all day.

Thanks in advance for more help.

Fran

Comment (1)