Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sfbaysteph

passion vine questions (lavender lady)

sfbaysteph
9 years ago

I was hoping somebody could give me a bit of insight into what is happening to my lavender lady passion vine.
I bought 2 well-established vines from a highly regarded nursery in 5 gallon pots last April and transplanted them to the back fence.
Each had lots of blooms and many stands of leaves. After a few weeks in the ground, many of the leaves fell, but the vine kept climbing.
In June we went on a trip and when I came home the vine looked sun damaged and wind-whipped. I gave them a good drink but they never appeared to recover.
Around labor day I trimmed all the brown growth to the stem and watered the sticks until they bloomed.

Now the leaves are appearing, but they seem weak and thin -- after a week or so, some of the leaves just wilt up in a sad way and fall off.

I have two vines, and they are about 10 feet apart on the back fence which gets sunlight this time of year from 10am to 6pm. Highs have been low 80s to a low of 55 or so.

This picture is of the first vine, which is now puny even though it was the "hardier" of the two transplants. It gets a bit more sun than the other one.

Comments (5)