Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houseplant87

growing mandevilla and pothos in my sunroom. need some advice

HousePlant87
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm growing Mandevilla and Pothos in my sunroom and have some questions regarding soil drainage, light requirements, and general maintenance.

First off some specs:

The Mandevilla is in a 15 gallon pot sitting in the south east corner of the room. I have it growing on a twine trellis along the border of the south facing window. It's longest vines are approximately 10 feet long.It receives direct sunlight for approximately 8-9 hours a day.

the Pothos will by the end of this day hang from the noth corners of the room and traverse along a twine trellis that runs along the ceiling and walls. It will receive indirect sunlight all day long.

Both were repotted upon receiving.

I'm concerned that both plants are not draining thoroughly enough. I last watered them 4 days ago. The soil in the Mandevilla starts to become very lightly moist at a depth of 2 inches and is very damp at the drainage hole. The Pothos is lightly damp all through. Is this a problem? Also, are there any glaring issues with my setup? Should I keep the room closed and warm or open and room temperature?

I've included some pictures of the Mandevilla.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (2)