Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (4)

• ron_convolvulaceae
    11 years ago

I think the entire site would benefit if you could enable thumbnails of the photos to be shown.

The thumbnails would be particularly helpful in the "Name that Plant" Forum as it would enable me and many others to get a glimpse of the plant in question , allowing me to see a preview of the plant without the need to click onto (and read) every single thread , before determining if the plant is likely to be something that I can help out with.

I often refrain from helping out in your Plant ID Forum because thumbnails are not enabled.

Your competitors already enable thumbnails and it is a big factor (in my honest opinion) as to why their ID Forums function more efficiently.

best regards,

Ron

Here is a link that might be useful: Name that Plant Forum

• emmagrace2
    11 years ago

I recommend that you have an internal private message system so members can communicate without the need to have to communicate via eMail.
    It would help reduce the number of inappropriate private message type of posts that are posted in the Forum Threads that would be better addressed in a private message.

One important aspect to consider is that eMails frequently expire or members often forget to update their email settings, whereas the internal private message system would not expire.

It would be to everyone's advantage both to the site members, moderators, owners and certainly make the site more competitive relative to similar gardening sites

Thanks Tamara
    EmmaGrace

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• ron_convolvulaceae
    11 years ago

Hi Tamara,

I'm glad that the site has decided to implement a post edit function, although I am currently signed in with FireFox and there is NO EDIT FEATURE VISIBLE under any posts previous to November,29,2012 the clippings area as my attached screen shot will indicate.

I spoke with EmmaGrace on the phone and while she was logged in with IE , there was no edit function visible for her either.

The Edit Post function does appear on posts after November, 29, 2012.

Please clarify if the edit post function will be enabled only for posts after November, 29,2012.

Thank You.

regards,

Ron

This post was edited by ron_convolvulaceae on Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 23:49

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner