Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krickette_gw

Cypress Vine help?

krickette
13 years ago

In my town there are a couple of houses which have cypress vine growing on their fence. At the moment they are creating tons of seed pods and since the houses were purchased by the school and going to be torn down, I decided to start collecting the seeds. Well, I got a whole bunch and put them in the ground. I'm not sure why I decided to do it since it's only October, but I'll just say I wasn't thinking. The pot they are currently in isn't terribly big, so I could bring it in and put it by a window if need be.

My problem, though, is that I moved the soil too much and the seeds ended up on top of each other. So now I have them growing in in clumps. There is one clump that is rather huge, with 10 seedlings growing in a square inch area! Some are larger than others, some just unfurled while some are about an inch tall and just beginning to sprout their whispy vines in the center.

When would it be safe for me to move them apart? Or are they just going to fight each other for space and the strongest will survive? I'd like to save as many as I can.

Comment (1)