Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Aristolochia gigantea quick question

Posted by LullabyF360 8a (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 17:48

I am in north Louisiana & my weather is just now starting to get chilly. Earlier this year I acquired aristolochia gigantea seed. None sprouted until about 2 months after sowing. Only one survived. At first it was slow growing, but now it is rapidly growing. It has been growing inside the house. Since it is quickly growing, my question is, can I plant it outside now? Or should I wait until spring? My gut tells me to wait & set up a small trellis for it while it is in the pot (I have an arbor designated for it).

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Aristolochia gigantea quick question

Plant it in the ground now and cover it when the weather gets to freezing (is it does). I cover my tender plants with worn out/cheap comforters purchased from the Goodwill store.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here