Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a purple flower vine for Southern California

Posted by ocbrian 9 oc/so cali (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 19:26

Hello,

I recently had done a project for one of my large hotel clients where I put in kumquat trees, morning glories, spiral junipers, and more on their terrace. But now the morning glories are not looking so well. They want a vine with purple flowers that blooms throughout the year and can handle part shade. Also this hotel is right on the beach marina. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a purple flower vine for Southern California

The Petrea volubilis (Queen's Wreath) is a pretty purple flowered vine that can handle part shade but it doesn't flower year round. I'm not sure what vine blooms year round. You could plant vines together that bloom at different times of the year.

o

I really like that flower, maybe I will try that mixed in with the morning glories (if I can fit them).

o

Let me know if you find it!! I am looking for that vine everywhere in San Diego without luck- thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here