Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caption

please ID this vine.

caption
10 years ago

I have cleared some virginia vine, and found this in with it.

tinki.

Comments (7)

• true_blue
    10 years ago

The leaves remind me of English Ivy, hedera helix.

Here is a link that might be useful: English ivy photos

• caption
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks true-blue,I think it is the- baltica- as it's doesn't have the sharp points like most of the other's do.

tinki.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    10 years ago

Living in the English ivy capitol of the universe, that photo doesn't look like any Hedera to me. Leaf shape is not correct for a seedling plant, even var. baltica, which btw has very distinct white veining. I'd let it grow a bit more and see how it develops but I'm nearly 100% sure that is not English ivy.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

I agree with gardengal48. Brionia alba maybe???

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1351007}}

• true_blue
    10 years ago

Hi Flora I checked White briony leaves but I doubt it's that.
    Tinki why not ask your question on the Name that plant forum. You'll have more exposure and we'll all learn something.

Here is a link that might be useful: Name that plant forum

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

true-blue - I'm not stuck on the Bryony idea but when you looked at foliage pictures did you ensure you were looking at juvenile, i.e. seedling leaves? They are a lot different to the adult leaves, as is the case with many plants. It is an invasive in some states.

Maybe if not White bryony some other member of the cucumber tribe. But I'm 99.9% certain it's no kind of Hedera.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture 3

• true_blue
    10 years ago

Floral - In my first post, I said it "reminded" me of Hedera. I didn't say it is one. I'm sorry if my future posts gave the impression that I would like to persist in my error :-)

The reason I didn't check for seedling leaves photos, was that I couldn't see any of the cotyledon in Tinki's image.

But again as gardengal said maybe we should wait and see...