Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please ID this vine.

Posted by tinki z8 ga (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 12:15

I have cleared some virginia vine, and found this in with it.

tinki.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please ID this vine.

The leaves remind me of English Ivy, hedera helix.

Here is a link that might be useful: English ivy photos

o

Thanks true-blue,I think it is the- baltica- as it's doesn't have the sharp points like most of the other's do.

tinki.

o

Living in the English ivy capitol of the universe, that photo doesn't look like any Hedera to me. Leaf shape is not correct for a seedling plant, even var. baltica, which btw has very distinct white veining. I'd let it grow a bit more and see how it develops but I'm nearly 100% sure that is not English ivy.

o

I agree with gardengal48. Brionia alba maybe???

Here is a link that might be useful: White briony

o

Hi Flora I checked White briony leaves but I doubt it's that.
Tinki why not ask your question on the Name that plant forum. You'll have more exposure and we'll all learn something.

Here is a link that might be useful: Name that plant forum

o

true-blue - I'm not stuck on the Bryony idea but when you looked at foliage pictures did you ensure you were looking at juvenile, i.e. seedling leaves? They are a lot different to the adult leaves, as is the case with many plants. It is an invasive in some states.

Maybe if not White bryony some other member of the cucumber tribe. But I'm 99.9% certain it's no kind of Hedera.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture 3

o

Floral - In my first post, I said it "reminded" me of Hedera. I didn't say it is one. I'm sorry if my future posts gave the impression that I would like to persist in my error :-)

The reason I didn't check for seedling leaves photos, was that I couldn't see any of the cotyledon in Tinki's image.

But again as gardengal said maybe we should wait and see...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here