Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mistressmary_gw

Strange Problem, Need Help! Boston Ivy + Bird Poop on Driveway

mistressmary
15 years ago

I have a dilemma! I hope someone can help. I've got a gorgeous Boston Ivy growing under the soffits on our garage (over the double garage doors). It looks absolutely stunning against the beige brick backdrop of the garage wall, but my husband is threatening to tear it down because the birds take shelter in the vine, and as a result we always have quite a bit of bird droppings on the portion of driveway immediately beneath the vine. The droppings are right outside one of our double garage doors and my husband finds this disgusting since he has to walk through it when going in or out of the door, or passing through the area. I personally like the fact that the birds use the vine for shelter, but I do understand his having a issue with the droppings on the driveway. He's given me 3 days to come up with a solution about the droppings or the vine is coming down! This will break my heart because it looks gorgeous. Any suggestions or advice on how to remedy this problem without having to tear the vine down...? Is there a way to discourage the birds from hanging out there (this will make me sad too, but its better than pulling the vine down). Help, help, help! Ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!

Comments (2)