Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My favorite morning glories from this year

Posted by audrey z5 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 17:05

I'm finally getting around to posting photos of my favorite morning glories from this year:

Most of these were Emma's, as I got my family to buy me some seeds from her E-bay store for Christmas last year. I think the first three are probably hige Peppermint Twist, Blue Reflections, and Kikyo Pale Sky Blue--but I don't recall what the last two are.

Now I need to go make up my Chistmas want list for this year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My favorite morning glories from this year

Audry, you must have a beautiful garden, with these babies growing. Which does best for you? :) Arum

o

Arum,
Thanks! The shredded (hige) types seem to produce more blooms than the others.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 15:36

Beautiful morning glories, Audrey.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 16:53

They are all yummy looking, quite nice photography too.

o

Audrey, the hinge Peppermint Twist is really something. Did you get many seeds.......? Did you get a generous display of flowers? :) Arum

o

beautiful!

o

Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 13:14

So, what did Santa bring you this year? Inquiring minds want to know. Hahaha

o

Thanks, everybody, for your comments on my morning glories. Yes, the hige type produced quite a few flowers, though I don't think there were any seeds. I can never tell whether they are the right seeds anyway, since the vines of all the different types get pretty well intertwined with each other.

And, yes, my sister came through for me again this year, and got me seeds for some interesting new varieties. Since Emma's E-bay page wasn't up at the time my sister was ordering, she purchased seeds from a Japanese seller instead--a mutant type with variegated willow leaves, and a type with rays of white and blue--both of which look fabulous. Also some Japanese iris seeds, as I'd asked for some of those too!

I've learned to be very specific about what I want for Christmas. Otherwise, I tend to end up with more fancy soaps or bath salts, and I already have enough of those to last me a lifetime!

o

Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 13:41

That's exciting, Audrey, I bought some seeds from Fujie as well. I can't wait to grow them out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here