Return to the Vines Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Honeysuckle

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 11, 09 at 19:27

Hi everyone,

I bought a honeysuckle back in June at a local garden center that was selling pots labled "Old Fashioned Honeysuckle" for a small price (around $5). It was rather small when I bought it and it did grow two long vines this year but no flowers. The leaves are not evergreen as most of them turned brown and died after the first heavy frost. The few that remained are brown around the edges. I don't have a camera so I can't post pictures. Anybody have a clue as to what kind of honeysuckle this is? Perhaps trumpet honeysuckle or one of the periclymenums?
I guess I'll find out when it flowers next year.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Honeysuckle

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 17, 09 at 11:50

Yes, you nobody will be able to tell from what you have said here. There are many kinds, even when it blooms you may have to make a study of it to get the right name, unless it is an especially distinctive kind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vines Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here