Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
V. Odorata in zone 10, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posted by Joanmary_z10 z10 Ft. L. Fl. (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 4, 04 at 17:53

I have had one wonderfully fragrant bloom from my V. Odorata growing in a clay pot in dappled shade though bright light. I live in Fort Lauderale with torrential rains and extremely high humidity in very hot summers and incredibly dry, sunny winters with a quite few cold spells.

I would like to order other fragrant violets including the lovely double Parma's, but wish to know if any other growers have had success in a semi tropical climate before I get too enthusiastic about ordering!

What problems have you come across?
Have the plants seeded successfully?
What environment have you found to be the most suitable for successful flowering? Dense shade? Light shade? Dappled?
What modifications to your soil did you find necessary?
Any further comments and advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Joanmary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: V. Odorata in zone 10, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

You might try asking on the Florida forum. I think that would be your best bet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here