Return to the Violet Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orange Centered Odorata

Posted by membertom zone 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 08 at 8:24

Finally we are starting to get bloom here!!!
This is a bloom from the orange-centered odorata that I mentioned in another thread.

Image link: Orange Centered Odorata (17 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orange Centered Odorata

I love it! This one is my favorite by far. The striking contrast with the apricot center is absolutely outstanding.

o

• Posted by limyan LimogesFrance (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 17:38

Hi!
I saw this "new" violet, in Melbourne in July 2006. Dear ROb , where are you to explain?

LimXYan

o

Hello Yann,
Yes, Rob Peace does have an orange-centered odorata also (that he was going to call "Heart of Gold"). I haven't heard from him in a while, to hear if his seedling is still growing. I was afraid that I'd lost my seedling over the winter, but it surprised me, by being just fine. Rob sent me a picture of his orange-centered seedling, but I'm not sure if he'd want it posted, so I'll leave that to him. The two seedlings do seem to be different enough to tell apart, from the pictures.
Best wishes, Tom

o
RE: Orange Centered Odorata (more)

Oh and I forgot -- thanks Stefan, I'm hoping to increase the size of the orange area in future generations.

o

I love that one too and I'd like to place my order for a future form with the orange on the outside of the petal!!! lol ;-))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Violet Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here